Seeking nominations for new AECT Center of Excellence in Publishing Advisory Board
AECT is formally seeking self-nominations or recommendations for our new Center of Excellence in Publishing Advisory Board. This advisory council of AECT members will work with the CEO as the primary operational business arm for all AECT Publications and will be comprised of a small, highly specialized board with a specific background and skill-set. This is an amazing opportunity for experienced editors or authors to contribute at a high strategic level to the future of AECT publications and new editor/author growth.
After reviewing the provided information and advisory board responsibilities, interested candidates should email AECT (firstname.lastname@example.org) or AECT’s CEO, Nolan Gruver (email@example.com) with their completed nomination form. All applications will be reviewed for relevant experience. The application deadline is November 25, 2023. For more information about the AECT Center of Excellence for Publishing please contact Nolan Gruver at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AECT Center for Excellence in Publishing Advisory Board Requirements
Please review the following information prior to submitting your nomination or self-nomination for the AECT Center for Excellence in Publishing Advisory Board.
Vision for a Center for Excellence in Publishing
The AECT Center for Excellence in Publishing is focused on enhancing the publishing processes to strategically improve AECT’s publishing footprint in the field while also preparing the next generation of authors and editors for AECT within the framework of the AECT strategic plan.
AECT Charge for the Center
The charge of the Center is to support AECT’s CEO with operational business decisions. It serves as the “AECT publication house” composed of AECT Publishing Experts. An advisory council (or board) will work with the CEO as the primary operational business arm for all AECT Publications.
Advisory Board Member Requirements
Note* AECT is primarily looking for those experienced with AECT Publications and Journals; however, applicants who have served on publications (journals, series, books) outside of AECT publishing contracts may still apply.
- AECT Journal Representative - Must have served at least two years as an editor (editorial board excluded) on one of the AECT journals.
- AECT Book Series Representative - Must have served at least two years as an editor on one of the AECT Book Series.
- AECT Publications At Large Member (at least 1, no more than 2) - Must have served at least two years as an editor on an AECT Journal or Book Series or served as an editor or author on at least one book.
- (*Closed Business Board): Because this advisory board will be meeting to discuss AECT publishing contracts and business operations its meetings and minutes will not be made regularly available to general membership; but only the AECT President or Past-President upon request, and the AECT Board on a ‘as-needed’ basis. All minutes will be maintained by the AECT Business Office within Higher Logic or another secure location accessible to the AECT President or Past-President and current publishing advisory board members.
- Advisory Board members will have 3-year terms. Advisory Board members can serve a maximum of 2 terms (6 years) consecutively.
- Advisory Board members cannot serve on the AECT Executive Committee during their terms on the Advisory Board.
- Provide support to the AECT CEO on operational issues related to AECT publications and publication activities.
- Provide consulting to the AECT CEO on publication contracts (must sign an NDA due to confidentiality issues). • Each Advisory Board member will work with a representative working group of AECT publication specialists from their area.
- The Advisory Board will help coordinate and participate in special publication events (online, domestic, or international) to support current and future AECT authors and editors.
- Advisory Board members that are also serving on the AECT Board of Directors must recuse themselves from decisions related to the AECT CEO and publication decisions.
- Advisory Board members must be members of AECT in good standing.
- Coordinate the management of the AECT Reference Library and publication promotion.
Download Nomination Form