Proceedings - Manuscript Preparation Guidelines
Selected Research & Development Paper Presentations
Selected Instruction Paper Presentations
sponsored by the
Research and Theory Division
Development and Development Division
- Your manuscript should be written in Microsoft Word for Windows. Save it as a .doc file and also as an .rtf file. Send both versions on a flash drive or CD.
- Single space the entire manuscript. Use 10 point Times New Roman (TNR) font.
- Laser print your paper.
- Margins – 1” on all sides.
- Do not use any page numbers, or embedded commands. Documents that have embedded commands, including editorial comments or special style commands, will not be included in the Proceedings.
- Include a cover sheet with the paper’s title and with the names, affiliations and addresses of all authors. Identify two descriptors for use in the index. Sign the cover sheet to indicate that you assign copyright of this manuscript to AECT and the Research and Theory Division of AECT. Your paper may be submitted to the Educational Resources Information Clearinghouse (ERIC) for addition to the ERIC document system. Submission of your paper to the Proceedings indicates your agreement to submit your paper to ERIC.
To ensure uniformity of the printed proceedings, authors should follow these guidelines when preparing manuscripts for submission. DO NOT EMBED INFORMATION. YOUR PAPER WILL BE RETURNED IF IT CONTAINS EMBEDDED COMMANDS OR UNUSUAL STYLE OR FORMATTING INFORMATION.
Word Processor Format:
Manuscripts should be written in Microsoft Word for Windows.
The maximum length of the body of the paper should be about 8 – 10 pages.
Top and bottom margins: 1.0”
Left and right margins: 1.0”
Regular text: 10 point Times New Roman (TNR), left justified
Paper title: 10 point TNR, centered
Author listing: 10 point TNR, centered
Section headings: 10 point TNR, centered
Section sub-heading: 10 point TNR, left justified
Do not type section headings or titles in all-caps, only capitalize the first letter in each word. All type should be single-spaced. Allow one line of space before and after each heading. Indent, 0.5”, the first sentence of each paragraph.
Figures and Tables:
Figures and tables should fit a width of 6 ½ “ and be incorporated into the document.
Do not include or refer to any page numbers in your manuscript. The Proceedings will be page enumerated when it is processed for printing.
We encourage you to use visuals – pictures, graphics – to help explain your article. Graphics images (.jpg) should be included in the paper where they fit best. Images should be no wider than 6 ½”.
Submit the paper on a disk that is clearly marked. The name of the manuscript file should reference the author. In addition, submit two paper copies. Send the disk and paper copies by October 24, 2018 to:
Michael R. Simonson, Editor
Instructional Technology and Distance Education
Fischler College of Education
College of Health Care Sciences
Campus Support Building
3301 College Avenue
Nova Southeastern University
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33314
www.nova.edu/~simsmich 1-800-986-3223 x 28563
If you have questions you may contact me at 954-262-8563.