GSA Call For Proposals
|Call For Proposals!
2019 GSA RESEARCH SHOWCASE ON EXEMPLARY RESEARCH METHODS AND DESIGN
The GSA invites proposal submissions for its inaugural Research Showcase for Research Methods and Design. We are seeking graduate student applicants who are implementing innovative and rigorous research methods such as qualitative, quantitative, mixed methods, DBR, or other related methods in the field of Instructional Design & Technology or Learning Sciences.
Accepted applicants will be asked to create a poster presentation so that they can showcase their work during the AECT Poster Presentation Gallery Walk (http://bit.ly/AECTGalleryWalk) on Tuesday, October 22nd, 2019.
Please see the information below which includes eligibility criteria, proposal format, proposal template, proposal review rubric, and the proposal submission process:
- Authorship: Graduate student applicant must be the 1st author, but can have co-authors who are either graduate students or faculty.
- Status: The research can be in its proposal phase or already completed. If the applicant is graduating, the study should have been completed within 1 year.
- Originality: Showcase proposals should not have been already accepted by another AECT division (Disclaimer: The applicant can submit a similar research topic to one that has been already accepted, but the proposal should be modified to focus on the methodology or research design.)
- Proposal abstract should include: background, relevant literature, theoretical perspective, methods, and findings (if any). However, the proposal should have a clear focus on the use of an innovative and/or rigorous use of design and methods. See proposal template (http://bit.ly/GSAPosterTemplate) for suggestions on how to structure your proposal.
- Proposal length should not exceed 750 words.
- Proposal should include a short description (75 words or less) to be included in the AECT program.
- Proposals should adhere to APA guidelines.
- File should be in PDF form.
- Proposals should highlight research conducted in the area of Instructional Design and Technology and/or Learning Sciences.
- Deadline for Proposal Submission is May 31st, 2019.
For suggestions on how to structure your proposal: Poster Template (http://bit.ly/GSAPosterTemplate)
Notification of Acceptance:
- Proposal reviews will take place immediately after the proposal submission due date.
- Accepted proposals will be identified by June 7th, 2019
- Accepted applicants will receive a Certificate of Congratulations and will present/have their poster displayed during the AECT Poster Gallery Walk (http://bit.ly/AECTGalleryWalk)
Submit your proposal online:
Questions should be sent to Nate Turcotte (email@example.com) and Kiran Budhrani (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Proposal Review Rubric:
|GSA RESEARCH SHOWCASE ON EXEMPLARY RESEARCH METHODS AND DESIGN|
Description of Criteria
|Suitability (20 pts)||Suitability - How suitable the proposal the proposal is for the
|Not suitable for the GSA Research
suitable for a CfP that emphasizes innovative Design and
|Proposal clearly identifies the use of an innovative Design and
|Clarity (10 pts)||Clarity - How well the proposal is written||Ill-structured,
Structure, and/or logic issues (4-6 pts)
|Well-written, logical, grammaticall y correct (9-10 pts)|
|Relevance (10 pts)||Relevance - How related the research is to the fields of IDT and/or
|Not relevant to the fields
related to research and/or practice in
|Proposal clearly identifies relations to the field of
Quality - Format of proposal, length, organization
|Proposal does not match submission organization/f ormat guidelines (1-2 pts)||Either well organized or formatted,
|Well organized and formatted
|Reviewer Total Rating||_____/50|