TechTrends Special Issue: DDL Call for Papers
Authentic Learning Experiences via Distance Learning
Special Issue Co-Editors:
Victoria L. Lowell, Purdue University firstname.lastname@example.org
Linda L. Campion, East Carolina University email@example.com
Special Issue: For this special issue we are interested in presenting current research in distance education involving innovative methods to create, implement and research authentic learning experiences including experiential learning. Submissions should emphasize innovative practices and/or methods of authentic learning experiences via distance education. Articles are sought which will provide readers with practical and applicable ideas, strategies and techniques on topics related to authentic learning experiences.
Articles should be written to align with the TechTrends mission of “linking research and practice to improve learning”. We encourage quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods research articles, as well as conceptual or theoretical papers and literature syntheses.
Some topics that may be explored include the following:
- Examining past and current authentic learning practices
- Emerging strategies and techniques for authentic learning
- Designing practices for innovative authentic experiences
- Immersive authentic learning
- Authentic learning for career (employment) skill development transfer
- Emerging technology tools for authentic learning
- Other topics appropriate to authentic learning and distance education
Please submit a brief overview (approx. 500 words) of your proposed article for initial review to this link: Proposal submission. If accepted for review, you will be directed to a TechTrends portal for this special issue where you will submit your full manuscript and receive style guidelines. Proposals are due April 22, 2019.
Full manuscript submissions will be 5000-6000 words in length (10-15 pages) with an abstract of a maximum of 150 words. Manuscripts should follow the style guidelines for TechTrends and utilize APA formatting throughout.
All manuscripts will undergo blind peer review. We ask authors to serve as reviewers for other submissions as your expertise on this topic will be very valuable. When you submit your proposal, please indicate whether you are willing to serve in this capacity.
Proposal Submission - Select this link to upload your 500 word (approx) proposal.
- February 2019 – Call for Proposals
- April 22, 2019 - Submission of proposals due
- May 20 , 2019 - Decisions made; feedback sent
- August 1, 2019 – Full submissions due
- September 20, 2019 – Decisions made; feedback sent
- November 1, 2019 – Revisions due
- December 16, 2019 – Feedback on revised manuscripts
- January 9, 2020 – Revisions due
- May 2020 - Publication